Friday, April 25, 2008

More on the Pitocin

I talked to my chiropractor today, she is the head of the MI chapter of birthnetwork and amazingly knowledgeable at all things pregnancy, birth, baby related. I asked her why they would feel the need to give me pitocin, and she said that it is standard procedure in a hospital to give women pitocin AFTER they have the baby to help deliver the placenta. If the stupid dr.s would do their research they would know that breast feeding is the best uterin contractor available after labor. But after a baby is born doctors just want to get the hell outta there as quickly as possible. Afterall I was on a time table there... the fucking doctors time table.. ass hole. He was so impatient with my placenta being delivered. He was pushing and mashing on my stomach, sighing even, and getting pretty rough trying to get the placenta to deliver. So I'm sure that is when he decided to shoot me up with a drug... without my knowledge.

Just a refresher - They took Cooper away about 15 minutes after he was born and didn't bring him back for about 15 minutes, even though his Apgars were 8 and 9... Excellent apgars, so no reason to keep him from me. I kept yelling for them to bring him back to me and they wouldn't. finally I told Paul to just pick him up and bring him back, I guess that's when they realized I meant business and brought him back...

I'm just so pissed that they gave me drugs without my knowledge... forget informed consent, they didn't even tell me they were giving it to me. That is illegal. I feel so violated, but I am working through this. I still refuse to pay for the pitocin though! Seriously, they can't make me pay for something I would have said no to anyways.

It's definitely a mourning process, mourning the birth that I should have had. I thought I had worked through the vacuum extraction and then WHAM here's a pitocin bomb dropped on me. I finally stopped crying about it last night, but I am still so pissed and am thinking of having a consultation with an attorney to see if a lawsuit would be worth it. I'm not looking for money, I just want doctors to realize they can't get away with pushing people around... with using fear tactics to get their way. It's not fair.

Coops asleep in his boppy so I'm gonna go wash some bottles... lil punk still won't latch on!! LOL Gotta love him though!!! I swear he woke up bigger yesterday then he was the day before... No joke... He serioulsy LOOKED and felt bigger then he did on Wednesday. He's constantly changing and growing. Paul and I are constantly amazed by him... to think a microscopic sperm and cell made a baby.... and in 9 months... A pure miracle!!

I'm outta here!!

xoxoxo

Amanda

0 comments: