Tuesday, April 22, 2008

6 week check ups!!! 9 lbs!

Cooper and I had our 6 week check ups yesterday.

My appointment was at 3 so I'll start with that one. Paul and I had my appointment with Kathy, I made my appointment with her on purpose. 1. because she is the head midwife at the office and we wanted to talk to her about our birth and 2. because we just really like her! lol

So she came in and asked "how as your birth?" I just started telling her everything that I thought was "wrong" with the way things went, how disrespected we felt, how ignored we felt, that we didn't like me being told to "get angry", that "the baby wants to be born" is not a cause for concern for us, etc. She totally understood and was upset that I was being told to get angry and that no one was communicating to us about what was going on, about what was "wrong".

It was nice to talk to her and get it all out. She suggested that I make an appointment with Carol to just talk and let her know how I feel. I'm not so sure about this. On the one hand I would like to speak with her, but on the other hand I know if I see her I'll just break down crying right now... I'll give it some more time. I made my appointment for July (pap smear) with Carol, we'll see how I feel then. If I don't feel like speaking with her I'll cancel and reschedule with someone else, if I do feel like it then I'll keep it.

It was very nice to have our feelings vaildated by Kathy. We were made to feel human again, and not just a number. She said that her first birth was the same way as mine, and that's why she became a midwife. I'm seriously considering the whole midwifery/doula aspect as a career choice... Not sure though.

We did talk about Jenny a little. Not too much though. Kathy understood everything from Jennys perspective, why she was so outspoken for me. Doula's are not supposed to speak with the medical staff, but Jenny did. Jenny was speaking for me and saying that I didn't want certain things done... That is not a Doulas role. But Jenny was speaking for me because no one was listening to me or Paul... She was just trying to get someone to listen, of course they never did though.

Enough on that though! I was told that I've healed up very nicely and everything is back to normal. We were given the okay for sex and I was given the okay for exercise as well... She gave me a prescription for the mini-pill... But I don't forsee sex happening anytime soon, who has the energy, let alone the time!?!? LOL We'll see... Our two year anniversary is on Saturday... Yea, not so sure about that one... I think my va jay jay is having post traumatic shock still!!! I'm very nervous about having sex, afraid it will hurt. We shall see....

On to Coopers 6 week appointment...

Coopers appointment was at 415 and we barely made it there on time... Of course dr.s are never on time so it really didn't matter.

I was in total shock when he got weighed. I was thinking he would be maybe 8 lbs... He's almost 9!!! 8.12 pounds to be exact!!! How crazy is that?! He's getting so big. And 20 inches long. So in 6 weeks he's gained 4 lbs and 2 inches!!! Growin boy he is!

The doctor said everything was perfect, he's a perfectly healthy lil boy, with the exception of his eye... Arg! He's still having all the eye goo, so dr. gave him some eye antibiotic drops because it may be a bacterial infection and we have to go back in a week. I'm a little hesitant on the eye drops... you know my skepticism in the medical community! lol... So I'm putting breast milk in his eye for a couple days, if that doesn't help then we'll do the drops...

Yep, I said I was putting breast milk in my sons eye to help with his possible infection. Breast milk has natural antibodies. The research on it is fabulous. If you have a cut put breast milk on it and it will heal up quicker then using Neosporin! So breast milk in the eye it is!!! LOL

I'm trying to think of what else there is, but it's 445 a.m. and I'm tired... Cooper is sleeping soundly next to me and I'm hooked up to the pump as I type lol... I think I'm all emptied out tho so off to dream land I go... Hopefully!!! I'll write more later if I can!!

xoxoxo

Amanda

0 comments: