Friday, April 11, 2008

3 ounces...

So now that that is out in the open here's what I have to say today...

I met with Dr. Morgan yesterday. I actually kinda liked her... for her being an OBGYN and all. I wish she would have been the one to deliver Coop instead of Dr. McBride, I think she might have been a little more communicative (is that a word? well it is now lol).

Murphys Law naturally had the plugged milk duct and engorgement gone by the time I got to the dr.s office. Lol... I was going to call and cancel my appointment, but decided to go just to make sure everything was okay. She told me that it was plugged and then became engorged. I should try using a single pump for a while and massage my breasts down when I pump to help drain my breasts completely when I pump... It totally sucks using a single pump, it takes soooo much longer!!! About 20-25 minutes compared to 10! And that's along time when it's 3 a.m.!!! lol
I'm not sure what happened with Coopers sleeping pattern... Tuesday and Wednesday night Coop was up every 2 hours, literally! It was sooo hard on me. I totally wasn't used to that, he usually does about 4-5 hours between feedings at night, but not Tues and Wed for some reason. I think he might have been going through a growth spurt. Last night he slept from 1030 until 3, then 4 until 715!!! Then we napped on the couch together from 830 until 10.

I think the reason he was getting up so much Tues and Wed night was because he was hungry. So I've started giving him more breast milk. We are now up to 3-3.25 ounces every 2-3 hours!!! Such a lil piggy!! But such a cute lil piggy!!!! Of course I'm a lil bias, but that's okay I'm supposed to be. He slept good last night getting that 3.25 ounces before he went to bed.

We're going to have to get bigger bottles soon, the bottles we have now are only 3.5 ounce bottles. Soon he's going to be eating much more then that! On the 15th we're going to do a little baby shopping. I want to get the Baby Einstein play mat, a bottle sterilizer, bigger bottles, etc. So we'll see what we end up with... lol

I have discovered diaper.com and from my research I have found that the diapers we use are cheaper there then they are at Target, Meijers, and WalMart!!! And if you spend $50 or more it's free shipping, so it's definitely cheaper... I'm not sure about the wipes though, I think the wipes may be cheaper at WalMart.

Anyways, the kiddo is sleeping and I have laundry to fold, bottles to wash and sterilize, etc... LOL

Ciao Baby!!!!

0 comments: