Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Owie!

I had an orthodontist appointment yesterday and OWIE!!!

She finally rubber banded my mouth shut! Seriously I can only open my teeth maybe 1/4 of an inch!!! Obviously I have to take the rubber band out to eat and brush my teeth. The rubber band goes from 2 brackets on the top, to one bracket on the bottom. And damn it hurts like hell!!! I knew I was going to be sore today, but OMG!!! I had a hard time sleeping last night because my mouth hurt so bad. And it hurt even worse when I woke up this morning. It felt so good to take the rubber band out when I ate breakfast! I ended up leaving it out for about an hour and then put it back in... It's not hurting so bad right now, but it still hurts. Last night was just horrible though.

I just keep telling myself that I thought the same thing when they put in my expander, and that pain went away in a few days. So this too shall pass... But damn, it hurts now! I'll just tough it out for a few days and I'll be fine....

Oh, and I got a power chain on the bottom. Some people say that these hurt, but who can tell what hurts when your whole damn mouth hurts!!! lol...

Not much else is going on here. I am so tired today because I didn't sleep well last night. I could barely get out of bed at 11:30 today because I was just so tired. I couldn't even hold my eyes open. It was terrible. But I made myself get up and I'm feeling okay now. Just tired.

I just did some cleaning. I had to put away the groceries (I went to Wal Mart at 10:30 last night, but didn't put anything away except the cold/frozen stuff). So I cleaned out the pantry. It was good to get rid of old crap. Made plenty of room for the stuff I bought lasst night.

Paul really liked Glenn and Capris laundy soap (Gain) so I got some last night and we'll give it a try. It's a little more expensive then our regular stuff, but not by much. I liked it too, so we'll see...

I did some more reading on vaccinations today. So far nothing I've read has convinced me that we should get our child vaccinated. Maybe when the child is 16 and hasn't had the chicken pox we'll do the chicken pox vaccination. And when the child is older (12-13) we'll get the Hepatitis B shot. These are still big MAYBES. I ordered the What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Childrens Vaccinations book. I liked it so much and enjoyed the information I received from it, so I ordered it at amazon.com. I think I'm also going to order Vaccinations : A Thoughtful Parents Guide. I did a little reading in it today and it seems very informative. But I'll wait until the 15th to order that one.

Well, Paul will be leaving work soon and I'll have to start dinner, so off I go!!!

Oh yea, before I forget, Paul's eye appointment went fine yesterday. They did a bunch of tests and stuff and of course found nothing. Paul feels so much better now that he knows he's not going blind! lol... He goes back on Friday for one more test where they inject him with dye because they want to see the blood vessels in his eyes to see if there's a problem them. But Paul is feeling so much better now that he's seen the doctor. He was so nervous at the doctors office yesterday and wouldn't stop shaking and rocking his knees. I'm glad he is feeling better and he slept so well last night.

Cooper was super active yesterday and seems to be pretty active today as well!!! I love it!!

xoxoxo

Amanda

0 comments: