Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

2008 - Bring on whatever ya got baby!!! I'm ready for ya!!! lol

So we just got back from our 12 day trip to AR and OK... We had a blast!!!!

I'll try to give a quick recap and mention all the important stuff...

Let me start with the pregnancy! Everything went great while we were gone. I didn't have any issues or problems at all. So that was good. My wedding rings no longer fit though and I just weighed myself and have gained 7 lbs since we left!!! I gotta believe it's all that home made candy I was eating at Christmas, but it was good! lol...

Christmas Day was nice at Grannys... Aunt Trish caused a big scene (no big surprise) and refused to leave...

Here's what happened - Gloria and Johnny were passing out gifts. Well, Gloria was just setting Mason and Sarah's gifts off to the side. When Johnny found one of Masons Aunt Trish jumped up and said "I'll take it". Granny said "No, if she can't come down here and get it then it can wait."... She meant that when Sarah got there she could open her gifts... Well Trish got all pissed and started screaming that it wasn't fair and no one liked her and no one wanted her there... yada yada yada!!! lol... It was crazy. We were all trying to get her to leave but she refused to. Poor Johnny was in tears and screaming at her. Momma called the Sheriff (then cancelled their arrival cause she finally left).

After she left we all went back to opening gifts, eating, and just having a great time. It was pretty tense there for a while, but we didn't let it ruin our Christmas. All in all, we had a great Christmas day.

Of course Paul just sat there stunned while all this was going on. He couldn't believe that someone would act that way. He was just shocked... It was quite funny to see the look on his face. lol...

So we opened gifts, ate tons of food, played a game with Trista, watched a movie (HairSpray - it was okay), etc. We ended up staying at Grannys until after 8. It was great. We got a few baby things, but mostly Snowmen decorations for next Christmas... seemed a lil odd, but that's my family for ya!!! lol...

Momma threw me a Baby Shower on Dec 26th. We got tons of great baby stuff!!! Let me start with the gifts!!! lol... Tons of blankets, onsies, rags, brush set, etc. But my fav is the diaper bag Gloria got us... It's sage green (Our color) and has a very small Pooh Bear on the front!! It's so cute!!! I love it.

Not let me go back a little the a few hours before the baby shower. My grandma (not the above mentioned Granny) was making the cake (as usual!!!) for me. And she dropped the cake AND her gifts off at Mommas around 230. Momma, Granny, Paul, and I were all there, we were a little busy decorating for the shower, but when she walked in, we all said hi, asked her how she was doing, etc... Everything seemed fine... Well apparently it wasn't because she didn't come back for the shower at 5. I figured she wouldn't when she dropped the cake and gifts off early... but I was giving her (grandpa- as he controls everything she does) the benefit of the doubt.

So the next day Momma and I went to Harps (where she works) because I wanted to say good bye to her and stuff... Well she walked up to us and I said "We missed ya at the baby shower last night, but we figured with the snow not many people would show up. Thank you for the cake and gifts." She said "well I would have come back but when I dropped the cake off no one spoke to me and I was ignored and just didn't feel welcomed"... Momma and I just looked at eachother like WHAT?!? Well, we talked to her and stuff and she calmed down and we have a nice long conversation with her before we left... I know Grandpa had something to do with this.... It just pisses me off that he controls her so damn much. Makes me wanna scream!!!

But we had a great baby shower. It wasn't much and it was pretty quick (only an hour) but it was nice. Stephanie showed up. I haven't seen her since my wedding last year. It was nice to see her. She got us a small diaper bag with lil barn yard animals on it. It's cute. I figure I'll keep that one full of diapers and in the car, just to make sure we always have diapers!!!

On Thursday Dec 27th we ended up taking Pebbles to the vet for her flea problem. Apparently she is allergic to fleas and they just chewed her up. And then she chewed and clawed the bites bright red into what we call "hot spots". The vet was great!!! He gave her a pill to kill all the fleas on her within 30 minutes, an allergy shot so she would stop chewing herself up, and one dose of Frontline to keep more fleas from getting on her... All for 60 bucks!!! If we'd have done that here it would have cost us well over 100 bucks! She never had another issue with fleas. We gave her a bath with some of the prescription shampoo that Momma had from Buddy (he was the same was as Pebbles is with fleas - allergic to them) and that really helped her stop itching. She's fine now of course. Not a single flea, and no more itchys!!!!! YAY!!!

On Friday, Dec 28th we left Arkansas to go to Uncle Glenns in Tulsa. I was a little worried since Aunt Capri had said that Pebbles would have to stay in the garage. But when she saw Pebbles and how her demeanor was she even let Pebbles sleep in our room with us!!! We did put her in the garage while we were gone though - I didn't want to take any chances. It was nice there though, in the 40's everyday, and she had her sweater on, her bed, and a little heater there with her... she was fine for a little while.

Paul wanted to go to Gardners Book Store and found a ton of books!! He loves that place. He got like 12 books for 30 bucks... if he'd have done all that online they would have cost over 70 bucks!! There was even one book that he couldn't find online anywhere! And another book that he could find online, but was about 17 dollars without shipping!! It was nice to see him so excited about something.

Oh yea, Unlce Glenn and Aunt Capri got us baby gifts of course! lol.... They actually found an AC/DC shirt for a baby!! It'll probably fit a 1 year old, but our kids gonna live in it! lol...

One day we went to Babies R Us and I got a cute onsie that says "MY MOM ROCKS" and a dolphin baby book!!! I've spent so much time searching for a dolphin baby book and found one!! It is so cute - very sparkly! Can't wait to read it to Cooper! lol... And Aunt Capri bought Cooper and onsie that says "my aunt loves me" lol.. It's so cute... But the AC/DC one is my fav!!

They had a big New Years Eve party of course. There were tons of Jeffy's friends there. Lots of weed and I think there was some coke in the back room... Of course we stayed far away from all that... Glenn and Capri have three rules at their house.
1.) What happens there stays there.
2.) No smoking (anything) in the house.
3.) No fighting
And they all no these rules by heart. So it wasn't bad. All these kids are well monitored while they are there and kept under control, and of course no one drives. Most of them are around 20 now. But I remember a couple parties where they were all drinking and under 18... lol... But that's Glenn and Capri... Atleast all the kids are safe, monitored, and under control...

The party was pretty fun... Of course I was the only sober one there, which was kinda funny. But we had a good time.

Not much else is going on here. We left Tulsa yesterday to come home and made it home around 2 today. It was nice.

Pebbles was so freaking excited to be home. She ran around for a few minutes, and then rolled around on the living room floor for literally 10-15 minutes. It was so cute. And Mister was so excited to see us as well. Pebbles is sleeping right now... she is so tired. It's been a long 12 days for her. And she's just so happy to be home.

Jen is on her way home now and we are going to go out to dinner at the Olive Garden. We have a gift certificate and thought it would be nice to take her with us, since we haven't seen her in so long...

I guess she's having car troubles though. Hopefully that gets all figured out soon. Paul thinks its cause theres a lot of snow caked under her wheel wells... Which it could be. We'll see when she gets here...

Tomorrow I have my mid wife appointment and then we are going to go to Babies R Us and buy the dresser from our bedroom set.... I need something to put all this stuff in... And with my daddy's check we can get the dresser no problem. And then get the rest of the furniture when Paul gets his bonus in February.

On Saturday we are going to start painting the nursery!! YAY!!! I can't wait for that. I'm so excited! lol...

Well, I'm outta here!!! Jen should be home soon!!! Time for a yummy dinner!!

0 comments: