Friday, January 04, 2008

Midwife appointment today - 30 weeks!!!

So we met LouAnn Case today. She is another midwife at the practice we are going too. I absolutely loved her. Loved her right away. She came in and introduced herself immediately and felt totally comfortable with her... So far LouAnn is my favorite midwife!!!

She answered all of our questions. Asked Paul how involed he wanted to be in the delivery - if he wanted to cut the cord, assist in delivery, or just be there for support... of course Paul said "Support" lol...

She was very happy with the fact that we've hired a Doula and got excited when we said that we were going to start writing our birth plan next weekend. She told us to make sure that we bring a copy with us to our next appointment.

I asked if we could wait to cut the cord until it stops pulsing and she said yes right away (unless something goes wrong of course). She told us that as soon as the baby is born it will be placed on my belly and we can do whatever we want (breastfeed, hold, cuddle, etc.). I am super excited abotu this!!! This is exactly what I wanted.

A few highlights from todays appointment -
- My Glucose level was 81 (130 is considered borderline) so that's great.
- Iron dropped a little, but is still well within normal range. This is normal during pregnancy, and she was not concerned at all.
- Hemoglobin dropped a little as well, but again is within normal range. This is also normal during pregnancy and no cause for concern.
- She said that I would not have any more blood work done during the pregnancy... YAY!!! No more needles.
- The baby is head down and it's butt and spine are resting on my left side. I think it's been this way since week 16-18. I have always felt movements in the same place. A few times I've felt movement higher up or on the right side, but not very often. The head is not engaged in my pelvis.
- The babies heart rate is 154.
- I now go to the midwife every two weeks. I am super excited about this!! It means that the day we meet our perfect lil baby is getting closer.

As of tomorrow I will be 30 weeks pregnant... Only 10 weeks until my due date!!! Yippeeeee!!! How exciting... I am super excited about this.

On January 15th we are going to purchase some major baby items!!! I am of course sooo excited about this! We are going to get the dresser, crib, crib bedding, and glider with ottoman!!! Yay!!! I have four 15% off coupons and we'll use them for these purchases. Then on February 15th we will get the hutch and combo unit!!! It's getting so close to time for the baby.... We are so going to be ready. I know I freaked out a few times about not being ready for the baby, but we totally will be ready! We'll have everything we need, as long as the baby doesn't come early of course!! But with Paul's bonus of Feb 15th this kid is going to be set!!! Woo hoo!!!

We are painting the nursery tomorrow!!!! YAY!!! I'm so excited. We got Sherwin Williams Harmony paint... its the No VOC (volatile compounds), no toxins, no odor, etc... They say it's so safe you can paint the room with a newborn in it!! So I'm totally safe helping paint the nursery!!! YIPPEEE!!! lol... Super excited!! We are painting the nursery a sage green and goldish color... It's the color of our crib set and pooh bear. The green is called Koi Pond and the gold is called White Raisin. They managed to match the paint to the pillow perfectly!!! I'm super excited to see how well it looks when we paint it. We probably won't do the moulding until February, but that's okay... I just can't wait to see how it looks!!!

The cat just drank out of my glass of water!! How funny. I've never seen him do that before. But he stuck his paw in there and licked it dry, then just stuck his whole face in there for a few slurps... I had Paul dump the water out of course!!! lol

Paul is a little freaked out right now. Apparently he's been having a blind spot in his left eye for a couple weeks but didn't want to say anything because he didn't want to ruin our vacation or worry me. So he made an eye appointment for Monday... I hate taking him to the eye doctor because we are always there for 4 hours and only see the doctor for like 20 minutes... It totally sucks. But of course I always go with Paul, love him too much not to go!!! He needs the moral support and I'm there to give it.

He's really worried that he's going blind, or has a brain tumor or something. He made the connection that he's been having head aches on the left side (same side at blind spot) for a few weeks now today. He keeps telling me how pretty I am... I think he's actually afraid the doctor is going to tell him he's going blind. I feel so bad because there's nothing I can do to ease his worries. Of course all I can do is be there for him and support him. He actually started to tear up when he said "what if I can never see Cooper"... Now that one scared the crap outta me!! I keep saying it's nothing and the doctor will check everything out and tell him not to worry. I'm sure it's nothing, but it scares me when he says stuff like that.

So I'm offering whatever support I can to him. And trying not to freak out as well... I'm usually really good at this... When Paul freaks out I stay calm, someone has too!!! lol I love him so much and want everything to be okay. I'm sure he's just over reacting like he usually does... And I would be too!!! But he has a history of freaking out when something goes wrong with his body... At one point he thought he had cancer!! Long story, and of course he doesn't! lol...

I don't know if I mentioned before that my Daddy got a computer AND the internet!!! I think it's cause he wants to be able to see pictures of the baby and stuff... it's so cute how excited he is about the baby...

Anyways, I wanna run out and get my camera outta the car... it shouldn't be left in there cause it's like 20 degrees outside... It's been in the cold car for a few days now, I keep forgetting to bring it in... Ugh!!!

0 comments: