Thursday, January 26, 2006

So many books, so little time!!!!

I finished the book I was reading (Enemy Mine by Kay Hooper). It was pretty good. Here's what the back of the book says:

Enemy Mine begins with a bang — literally. Rival antiquities experts Tyler St. James and Kane Pendleton find themselves in the middle of the Colombian wilderness, being shot at by an unseen sniper. It seems safer to team up, at least temporarily, in the search for a fabulous gold chalice. But while Tyler and Kane's rivalry has always kept them distant enemies, their forced partnership brings them together in ways neither ever expected.

It was an adventure romance novel. And of couse Tyler and Kane end up in love. It was pretty good though. Tyler and Kane are searching for the gold chalice and seem to out run bandits, trigger happy gunmen, statues that were meant to fall on their heads, and even eachothers bad tempers. I would recommend the book to Kay Hooper fans.

My favorite Kay Hooper book is
Amanda. And yes, I read it only because Amanda is my name. It was also my first Kay Hooper book. I read it when I was in the 10th grade. I remember being afraid that my mother would try to look at the book and see that sex scenes. Lol... I was afraid I would get in trouble if she knew about the sex scenes.

Enemy Mine has quite a few sex scenes, and anyone that is a true Kay Hooper fan knows that she got her start originally writing romance novels. I have never read any of her romance novels though. I like to have some action, mystery, adventure, etc. thrown into the story line. But I can't say I don't like romance because I've never read one before... Hmmmm... maybe I'll read one some time.

As for my next book; I'm going to read
Moment of Truth by Lisa Scottoline. It sounds pretty good to me. Here's what the back of the book says:

Moment of Truth is the story of a man who frames himself for murder. When attorney Jack Newlin discovers his wife dead in their elegant home, he's convinced he knows who killer her - and is equally determined to hide the truth. He decides to take the rap, and to seal his fate he hires the most inexperiences lawyer he can find, a reluctant rookie by the name of Mary DiNunzio from the hot Philidelphia firm of Rosato & Associates. But hiring Mary may turn out to be his biggest mistake. Mary doubts Jack's confession, and her eithcs and instincts tell her she can't defend a man who wants to convict himself. Smarter, gutsier, and more persistent then she has any right to be, Mary sets out to prove what really happened- because as any lawyer knows, a case is never as simple as it seems. And nothing is ever certain until the final moment of truth.

Sounds good to me!! Well, I think I'll go get started on that book!!! Yes, I know, I literally go from one book to another. I can't help myself. I tend to read a 400 page book in 2-3 days. I just get lost in the books, I can almost picture myself as the main heroin, it's amazing!!! I get lost in my own little world when I read.

Reading is definitly one of my favorite past times (second to sex that is!! *wink, wink*)

(Yes, I know your reading this Paul!!!)

0 comments: