Saturday, March 08, 2008

Labor Pains....

Last night was definitely an interesting one.

First of all it started off with us buying a new vaccum cleaner (a Kirby) which we absolutely love btw! lol... Not cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but we are definitely glad we made the purchase.

After we bought the vaccum we went to Mels to see Janelle and the baby. While we were there I was having a lot of contractions, but nothing painful. Around 11ish I had a couple of painful ones, but that was it. On the way home however they got pretty painful. I couldn't talk through them, and just wanted to lay down. And they were 5 minutes apart and lasting 45-60 seconds! WOO HOO!!

So we got home around midnight, with me still contracting at 5min/45secs. Around 130 we called the Doula because they had been going strong for over an hour, and were quite painful. She recommended that I call my midwife. So we did. The midwife wanted to see if we could get the contractions to stop so we could sleep! Sounds like a plan to me! So the midwife told me to drink a lot of water and lay on my side. And if that didn't work to take a bath. So I called Jenny back and told her what the midwife said.

I drank two bottles of water and layed on my side... That didn't help any. So then we decided to try the bath. Paul ran me a nice hot bath, turned on my relaxation music, and put me in the tub... This seemed to help a little. The contractions were less intense and became 7 minuts apart lasting about a minute. I called the midwife back and told her this. She was happy that they were able to slow down a little and told us to try to get some rest... By this time its around 3 a.m.

At 330 I decided to get out of the tub. I was really nervous about getting out of the tub because I thought the contractions would get more intense and back to 5 minutes.... And I was right!!! But I got outta the tub and into bed. Contractions started coming in at 5 minutes and lasting about 45 seconds and were quite painful.

I don't know how, or when, but eventually I fell asleep!! And of course so did Paul... He was already snoring between contractions. lol I woke up at 530 and was like "OMG they stopped, I'm sleeping!!" I got so excited that I was able to sleep, but I had to pee reallllly bad. I was afraid that if I got up they would come right back and we'd be up for several hours trying to get them to stop again. But I went pee, and yea they came back, but only 2 contractions and I fell right back to sleep!!!

We both just woke up around 930! It was great to be able to sleep since we were both so exhausted. Paul was really freaking out because he was so tired and didn't want to be up for so long... He was afraid that he wouldn't be any help later when I really needed him. He was pretty supportive once he calmed down a little though and was trying to help me relax and breath through the contractions. But he was totally freaking out! lol... But was so sweet. I was having some back pain with my contractions (hope that's not a sign of back labor... yikes) and he would put pressure on my back for me. While I was having contractions in the tub he would pour water over my belly. He rubbed the bridge of my nose (his way to get me to relax)... it was very sweet

When we first got home from Mels he went into cleaning mode!!! lol... Now mind you, our house was not messy because we've been making sure to keep it spotless in case I do go into labor... but he just started cleaning. He was doing the dishes, vaccumed the floors (which we had just shampooed earlier that day! lol), did some laundry, etc.!!! LOL it was so funny. He was totally freaking out on me.

So we are up now. The midwife called to check on me and she said we're pretty much having a baby verrrry soon. I called Jenny back and let her know we were able to sleep (obvioulsy she figured this one out when we never called her back after 4 a.m. lol)

I was afraid to get out of bed! Afraid the contractions would start again. But I was hungry so I ventured downstairs. The contactions have started again, but they are really far apart and not as painful as they were last night. On one hand I don't want the contractions to start up again, because we don't have anyone to watch Pebbles while we're in the hospital and if I go into the hospital later today then we won't be able to pick Momma up from the airport tomorrow. On the other hand I'm excited about having the baby and want to walk around and do a lot so I know contractions come back! lol So we'll see what happens today....

Stay tuned!!!

0 comments: