Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy One Week Birthday Coopy!!!

One week ago today Cooper was born! Wow! We were up with him at 6:15 this morning and it was great to say "One week ago we held him for the first time ever. One week ago we heard his amazing cry. One week ago I kissed his cheek for the first time." It truly is amazing.

We are constantly amazed at how strong out Coop is. On day one he was already holding his head up! The pediatrician was shocked by this, but then explained that he was so strong because I didn't have any pain meds during labor and delivery. That felt great to hear him say! To know that atleast that was one thing in our birth plan that I stuck to and it made our Coopy stronger! It's great to feel him kick his little legs (and not from the inside out! lol). Even his cry is amazing to us.

Paul is such a proud daddy! On Friday Momma and I were at Babies R Us longer then we expected and didn't realize it was after 4 already before we got in the car to come home. So I called Paul and asked him where he was and of course he was almost home. He was so excited to get home to see and hold Coop that I felt bad telling him that we wouldn't be home for a lil while because we were stuck in traffic. He was just so excited about coming home from work to see Coop. But as soon as we made it home Paul scooped him outta his car seat and held him almost all night. Paul is just so happy. I love seeing him being the doting/proud poppa that he is. He changes his diaper all the time, loves feeding him, and just cuddling with him. It's great!

We had our last meeting with Jenny. It was kinda sad, but we've promised to keep in touch and she said she would invite us for dinner one night in a couple weeks. We talked about our birth and I've decided that I'm going to make some formal complaints. There is a law in the state on MI about Informed Consent on any procedure done. Before the doctors do ANYTHING they have to present the procedure to the person and tell them what other options there are. There were a couple of things that happened during our birth that I still haven't been told about from a doctor... such as internal fetal monitorin. No one has told me they did this, but of course Jenny saw them do it, and I felt the cord taped to my leg. They also deep suctioned Coop after he was born without permission or consent. I'm alsot really upset that the cord was clamped and cut before it stopped pulsing. That was something that totally could have waited! So I am definitely going to file a complaint with the hospital and doctors office. I doubt anything will happen with the complaint to the dr.s office since Dr. McBride (the dr. that delivered Coop) is the founding doctor of the practice and my complaint will go to him. I'm sure it will go straight in the trash. But I am also going to talk to the midwife (not Carol - the one on call when I went in), probably LouAnn or Kathy about Carols demeanor and attitude, about how she did the IFM without my knowledge and still hasn't told me, etc.

Things are going great with Momma being here. Sometimes I get a little frustrated, but not too bad. She's a great help with the cleaning and helping with Coop.

My milk has definitely come in but Coopy still won't latch on. He latched on for a couple seconds yesterday but that's it. I keep trying though! I refuse to give up! But we are pumping and bottle feeding. We figure bottled breast milk is better than none! So I'm pumping every couple of hours and keeping up with Coops feedings. He hasn't had formula since Wednesday!!! Yippee!!! I don't like Coop on formula - his poop stinks, he spits up like crazy, and it doesn't seem to make him happy. With breast milk there is no odor to his poop, he doesn't spit up, and it totally satisfies him!!! We have to take our pump back on Tuesday (it's rented from the hospital) so I'm going to buy one when I return it. I have a prescription from the doctor for a breast pump, so I'm going to call the insurance company tomorrow to see if it's covered... If so we won't have to pay as much. If not we'll still get one of course. I want to get one from the hospital. They have the discontinued ones for like 100 bucks off.... They are perfect pumps, but older models. They told me I can use all my attachments and still buy the parts necessary for it, so anything we can do to save money!!!

The only time Cooper cries is when he's hungry, or we're changing his diaper. And we got the crying during diaper changes under control with a wipes warmer!! I totally recommend wipe warmers to everyone!!! They make baby so much happier! No one likes a cold wet thing touching their bottom, especially not a baby!

Oh yea, I almost forgot... We bought a video camera yesterday!! We were going to get it for our two year anniversay next month, but Paul got his bonus on Friday so we decided to get it early! It's so much fun. I'm still learning how to use it, but I love it! It's a Sony HandyCam and pretty easy to use for the most part... Of course I'm sure there's a ton of features and functions that I have yet to discover.

I took the cutest vidoe of Paul playing with Cooper today. Check it out a here. It's so cute!!

Well, Coopy is sleeping so I should try to go get some sleep. He sleeps really good. He'll get up around 11ish, 2ish, and 6ish and that's it!!! It's great!!! So off to bed I go!!

I love being a Mommy - it's the most amazing thing in the world!!!

xoxoxo

Amanda!!!

0 comments: