Sunday, March 02, 2008

Girl Name Battle is Over!!!

I am proud to announce that our "girl name battle" is now over!!! Yippee!!

I have been throwing girl names out to Paul since we found out we were pregnant, and he has shot down ALMOST every name I've said. Paul is great at word association, and every name I would give him he would have something funny/sarcastic to say about it. A few examples -

Arabella - They'll call her air head
Belle/Bella - Ding Dong Ding Dong (Sound of a bell)
Lyla - Reminds him of Lila Quatermaine from General Hospital
Stella - Reminds him of this chic he went to high school with. Apparently she wore rose colored glasses and was pretty wild. Lol
Willow - A tree.
Scarlett - Scarlett Fever.

Those are just a few examples!!! lol

Now let me remind you of our boy name and tell you what his word association is with that....

Our boy name is.... Cooper Alexander. We have had this boy name picked out since BEFORE we even got pregnant. So this was a no brainer. His association for that is "Cooper the Pooper Scooper"...

Does anyone see anything wrong with that picture?!?! He's okay with "Cooper the Pooper Scooper", but not okay with "Air Head", "Lila Quatermaine", "Scarlett fever"?!?!!? lol

So anyways, we're sitting at Paul's parents house talking about how we don't have a girl name picked out. Since we don't know the sex of our very stubborn, legs closed tight baby it is very important to me to have a name for both sexes.

Anyways, so we're sitting there and I'm throwing out names. Paul's mom is all into it and stuff, and of course Paul's coming up with funny crap to say about each name (gotta love him lol). And we're saying funny names like Gertrude, Octavia, Florence (no offense to anyone with these names, they just aren't our style!). And I keep going back to Lyla...

Well, long story short I WON THE GIRL NAME BATTLE!!!!! Of course! Anyone who knows me and my husband knew that in the end I would!!! lol...

Our girl name is.... drum roll please....

Lyla Arabella

So not only did I win the girl name battle, but I won using BOTH of the names that were at the top of my list!!! I'm good, I know it!! Can I get a Woot Woot?!!? Lol...

I feel much better now, knowing we have a girl name picked out and are both happy with it!! Paul's mom was really excited about it too. I don't think my family will take to the name so quickly, but they'll get over it!! lol. It's our kid, we'll name it what we want!!!

So that's my entry for today. I just had to blog about this because it's so exciting to finally have that battle over!!!

Oh, and we didn't have sex. Paul was freaked out, and I was too tired... Maybe later... Doubt it though! lol... I'm thinking about going to the mall tomorrow to walk, so maybe that'll work!! Wish me luck!!!

1 comments:

Annie said...

I loooooove the girl name!! And of course who wouldn't like Cooper the Pooper Scooper!! Haha. My DH is just the same as your in that respect. Always associating names with silliness! How funny.. whether its Lyla or Cooper, I hope its soon! Enjoy your last few days of pregnancy!