Friday, March 21, 2008

Hearing him cry is painful....

We are using the Dr. Browns bottles. Have you ever used them? I love them!!! But they do have a lot of parts - the bottle, straw, plug thingy, nipple, and ring...

Well we were getting ready to leave this morning and I was tending to Coop (diaper change, strapped in car seat, etc.) and Momma said she was getting a bottle ready to go in case he got hungry while we were gone. I didn't think anything of it, she knows how to put the bottles together and stuff. Well, we head out to Bath and Body Works, Kohls, Chiropractor and then head over to Wal-Mart for some grocery shopping.

On the way to Wal-Mart Coop starts getting fussy because he's getting hungry. So I said that when we got into Wal-Mart I would feed him. So we're in Wal-Mart and Coops crying a little, I take him out of his car seat and grab the bottle. As soon as it hits his mouth it starts leaking all over the place. Mom forgot to put the straw and plug in! I got really frustrated, she was starting to cry, and Coop was screaming at this point.

So back out to the car we go to head home. The whole way home Coop was screaming his head off. Mom as in the backseat with him trying to calm him down, but she was crying herself because she was sorry. So I had to listen to my poor baby scream his head off the whole way home. I was almost in tears. I'm whipping in and out of traffic (safely of course lol) trying to hurry home. It was the longest 10 minutes of my life.

I was so frustrated with Mom for forgetting to put the whole bottle together. I know she didn't do it on purpose, but it broke my heart to hear him cry like that. I mean he'd gotten a taste of the milk and I had to take it away. I felt horrible, like I was starving my kid. I know most of that was my hormones, but it was terrible. Of course he wasn't starving, he was just upset.

When we got home he got his bottle and settled down as soon as it touched his lips. That was all he wanted... And I couldn't give it to him for those 10-15 minutes... UGH! It was just so hard to hear him like that and not be able to do anything.

0 comments: