Monday, March 17, 2008

Coop latched on!!!

Cooper latched on tonight! It was great. Of course it was with the nipple sheild, but I'll take what I can get!! He wa on the breast fir about 10 minutes and was totally getting milk. I am just so happy!!!

I can't wait for his cord to fall off - it is so disgusting! And it's smelly. It looks like it's about half way off. It's all gooey where its already off... I wonder if thats normal?

Apparently Coop has a clogged tear duct. His left eye has this gooey yellow discharge. We keep having to ckean his eye. When he sleeps for a few hours his eye is all matted shut and we have to rest a we cotton ball on it so he can open it and we can ckean it. I called the Ped. and he said to just keep an eye on it and if it gets worse to bring him in... otherwise we have an apt. Thursday afternoon.

I was pooped on today! We're talking projectile, shooting poop. It was so funny. I was putting Desitin on and had his bottom raised a little and all this poop shot out!!! It got all over my shirt, pants the carpet, and pack n play!!! lol

Paul is really sick. Hes been sick since we came home from the hospital. Gotta love hospitals huh?! lol. I think it's a really bad cold. At first his throat was sore, but that's gone. Now he just has a realllllly runny nose and watery eyes, I'm wondering if maybe it's allergies now... Hmmmm... Hopefully he feels better soon....

So it's midnight and here I sit watching Coopy in his swing while I'm hooked up to the pump! lol... I totally feel like a cow being milked, but it's totally worth it!! I'm actually starting to get a supply of milk, I'm about 6 ounces ahead of Coop... he usually eats 2 ounces in a feeding every 2-4 hours. So yippeee!!! I'm hoping he'll fall asleep in his swing and we can go to bed... But so far no such luck. He's just chilling and watching the toys above his head, and making the cutest sounds!!! lol... Looks like he might be dozing a little... we'll see!!!

Anyways, I'm gonna get off here... Think my boobies are empty!! Looks like I got about 2.5 ounces this time... Woohoo!!! lol

xoxoxo

Amanda

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

for coop's sake...
"anyways" is not a word, it is "anyway".
nice blog.
concerned mom,
m