Saturday, December 30, 2006

Jacob Christopher!!!

Well, I guess I'm a Grandma... HAHA!!! How frickin funny is that?!?!? Jacob Christopher was born at 9:28 pm on December 29th. He weighs 7 pounds 1 ounce and is 19.5 inches long. Paul's stickin to being called "G-Man" instead of "Grandpa" lol...

We were at Beth's house painting (gorgeous house btw!) when she called and said she was going to the hospital. Paul got a little teary eyed, and was nervous and anxious about it. He hated seeing Jen in pain, of course. He still won't hold Jacob. He said he'll hold him in a couple of weeks... LOL... how funny... Nancy actually asked me if I wanted to hold him, of course... He's the cutest little thang!!! Jen called me Grandma once and Nancy didn't like that, but she'll just have to get over it!!!!

Jen went to the hospital around 5:30 yesterday afternoon. They broke her water about 10 minutes before 8. Before they broke her water she was dialated 5 cm, within half an hour she was at 7 cm, 10 minutes after they she was at 9 cms and was pushing. They didnt have time for the epidural, but she said it wasn't that bad. They were getting ready to do the epidural, but when she would sit up, his heart rate would drop, so they told her to just start pushing.

Nancy stayed in the room with her, she got what she wanted. But Eric didn't show up until about 2 minutes after the baby was born... What IDIOT works when his girl friend is giving birth?!?! I don't get that... Leave work, take the frickin night off... But atleast he showed up.

We (Paul, Fay, Jerry, Shay, and me) went to sit in the waiting room while he was in labor. Paul wanted a drink so Shay, Paul, and I went walking down the hall, we walked past her room and heard the baby crying... it was the weirdest thing, we just kinda stopped and looked at each other, and said "She had the baby already". I ran back to the waiting room, told Fay and Jerry, and then Eric walked him, I told him to run to the room at the end of the hall...

So about 20 minutes after that we all went at stood outside her room, and about 20 minutes after that they let us in. I will definitly post pictures later, I FORGOT MY CAMERA... But Shay was snappin pics, and of course Nancy was too...

I'm taking my camera today damnit!!! We'll prolly head to the hospital in a lil bit. I wanna stop at Meijers and get a card, maybe some flowers, I dunno... something for her. And of course Paul wants to stop at Starbucks.

0 comments: