Friday, December 01, 2006

Catch Up!!!

I know, I know... It's been a long time since my last entry. So this one is probably going to be long. I'm gonna try to elaborate on the "Highlights" from my last post, and talk about what's been going on since my last entry. Okay.... here I go...

HIGHLIGHTS -

Jesse Lee's Wedding : Wow! That's really all I can say... Glorias kids are definitly not right. We got there on Friday, October 27. After we picked up the tux Paul and I were hungry so we went to a little diner to get something to eat with Mom, Granny, and Jess. About 3/4 way through the meal Jess remembers that they were supposed to be going to Ryan's after the rehearasal for dinner... oh well...
So get ready to go the the rehearsal and Glorias son is driving and we're following him in our car. We're driving for like 45 minutes... UGH.... Going on all these different Highways and Freeways. Finally we get there... When we get ready to leave Gloria says "It would be easier and maybe quicker to go home the other way" So we go home the other way.... we are literally there in under 15 minutes... Told you these kids were messed up.
Anyways, at the rehearsal we're noticing that Ryan (The son, age 23) and Tristan (The daughter, age 16 or 17) are sitting on the same pew together. Tristan has her head in Ryan's lap and he's LOVINGLY caressing her hair... EWWW.... Paul and I look at eachother and say "NO wonder everyone in Elkhart is so damn ugly, it's incest". I know, we're mean.... But seriously, I've never seen so many ugly people in my life.
Anyways, I notice that the minister has a gun... Crazy!!! Jess jokes that we're in a REALLLY bad neighborhood... which after seeing it in the daylight I think we were... But the minister is like a volunteer cop or something like that... Very weird too.....
After the rehearsal we decided that we wanted to take Jess out for some beer at Applebee's... he is my brother and Paul was the best man and it's his last night of bachelorhood.... So Jess tells this to Gloria, and she gets a little upset. I tell Mom and Granny and they want to come... So I told them that they weren't asked to come. I wanted it to be something that Jess, Paul, and I do together... ALONE... Plus, we were going to sit there, talk, and drink beer for a few hours. 20 minutes in Granny would be bitching that she wanted to go back to the hotel room.. So I pissed her off when I told her that we didn't want her to come... Oh well.... So Gloria gets upset because the rehearsal dinner is off, and upset that we're taking him out for beer when she doesn't drink, Ryan doesn't drink, and Tristan obviously can't. Oh yea, forgot, GLORIA NEVER GOES ANYWHERE WITHOUT RYAN AND VICE VERSA!!!! So they go to Wal-Mart and a diner while we go to Applebees. Jess tells her that after they are done doing whatever the hell they are doing, that Gloria can join us. Well, Gloria did come, and without Ryan, but about 30 minutes before we left, and she just set there... all pissed off or something... she's a little odd... maybe because she didn't know us or something.
So the next day is the wedding. We go to breakfast. After breakfast we went to Jess's hotel room to get ready for the wedding. I noticed Jess has a huge scar on his back, later Mom told me he got it while he was overseas in Iraq.
So we get to the wedding, not that bad. Paul is the bestman. They give Granny a rose, makes her cry. Then at the end of the ceremony they say they have a rose for Grandpa (Black rose) and 2 roses for her parents that have passed away. Grandma and Mom started crying because they were sad that he wasn't there to see Jess get married... That kinda pissed me off... how can they cry over a bastard like him? How the hell can they want him to be there so see this? How the hell can they even be thinking of him??! I refused to console Mom and Granny. They had to console eachother... Just pissed me off.... Not that Jess did it, but the way that they reacted.
The reception was interesting. The turkey had set out in an 80 degree apartment for 2 days, so we didn't eat any... of course. Not to mention the fact that her gravy was cream of chicken soup which she poured over the turkey... Ugh... Really the only edible thing was the ham that Granny made, and of course the sea food salad...


People staying with us : PAIN IN THE ASS...I couldn't smoke, I had to listen to mom and granny NAG NAG NAG, I had to deal with her getting dirty fingerprints all over our NEW walls, It was hell... simple as that!!! It wasn't so bad when Jess was there... He kinda takes some of the heat off... but it was hell!! So glad its over!

Jen's Babyshower : Only a few people RSVP'ed... kinda pissed me off, but whatever. We decorated, and I made the food. The babyshower went good. Good food. The girls couldn't go like 45 minutes without smoking tho... Weird people came... I only knew a few people that were there. Jen got a shit load of stuff though... Everything went well...

Rushed Jen to the Emergency Room : On November, 18, the day before the babyshower, Jerry came over to help Paul put up the storm door. They were almost done, when Jen called and said that she wanted me to take her to the hospital because she didn't feel good. So of course, I rushed right out of the house, and took her to the hospital. They weren't sure what was wrong, dehydration, bad food, stomach flu, they were all mentioned. They hooked her up to fetal monitors, and an IV. We were there for about 5 hours. Paul came over when they finished with the storm door. Anyways, everything checked out, and they let her go home. She ended up spending the night with us. I didn't want her to go home, because Eric seemed to be acting like an ass, plus she just spent the day in the hospital. So it was nice having her at home with us. We played cards, and watched Da Vinci Code. She slept in the spare room. I dropped her off Sunday when I went to pick up the balloons for the shower. Worked out well.

I need to go eat something and start the laundry... BRB!!!

BONUS : Paul got his bonus on the 15th. I totally stocked the shelves. I spent about 800 bucks, but I don't think we ever have to go shopping again, except for bread and milk!! It was crazy. I had to go the Wal-Mart twice because my buggies were over flowing... It took me about an hour to get everything put away, and the shelves organized. Our foyer was packed full of bags, you couldn't walk.

Mike gone : Mike has been gone for a few weeks, and Beth was having a really rough time with it. We've been going over there every weekend to keep her company, but we can't this weekend because of all the snow and ice that we're supposed to get. Mike should be home within the next week or so for a little while.... Beth'll be so happy about that.

Thanksgiving : We were going to do Thanksgiving at our house, but with Mike being gone Beth wanted to do it at her house. So we did. I made the ham, mashed taters, and pumpkin pie. Food was awesome. Tim came. It was good seeing him. Haven't seen him in so long because of Shena. Belinda actually told us to THANK Shena for not coming so Time could come. Your kidding me right?!?! She's the reason he can't come to family get togethers.... Whatever... Thanksgiving was good, food was good, put the tree up... it's pretty!!!

New Job : I got a new job. It's pretty cool. To little boys. Nicholas is 3 and Benjamin is 15 months. It's every Wednesday night from 6:15 to 10. And then whenever she wants to go somewhere without the boys, dr.s appointments, etc. I worked all day Sunday. From 10:30 to 7:30. Made some Christmas shopping money. I'm going to buy her old baby swing from her for 25 bucks... All the new ones are over 60 bucks, we don't want to spend that much money on it... Now I can get a slightly used, still in great condition, new motor, swing for 25 bucks... works for me!!!

Cat : Never took him to the vet. Keep forgetting. The scratching has gotten a little better. He's not clawing himself or scratching his skin where he has scabs. Just a little scratching here and there now... I know I should still get him to the vet... we'll see....

Christmas Shopping : I think I'm all done, except for the baby swing. I'm sending my family Swiss Colony food again. Cheap and easy. Works for me. I'm all done with Paul... I thought I was all done last week, and then he told me he wanted work shirts. So I got him a work shirt too. 5 gifts under the tree for him... lol.... I think about him too much, everytime I'm out I see something I want to get him. I have to make myself stop. We said I could spend about 60 bucks on him... I think I spent around 100... so that's not so bad. I would say what I got him, but he sometimes reads my blog... Not sure when he does... don't want to take the chance. I got him on big gift ($60) of something that he really needs, but doesn't know he wants... it'll be a total surprise. Then I got him a few smaller gifts. Two 10 dollar gifts, One 6 dollar gift, and One 25 dollar gift. If it's the thought that counts, then he's made out BIG time this year from me... Lol... I think about him way too much when I'm shopping!!!

I knew this was going to be a long entry. I can't think of anything else to say though...

Oh yea, We turned in my Passat and got a new Audi A4. Then they told us they were extending the car deal until March. So we didnt' have to turn the Passat in. We still have his Passat that we'll keep until March. I wanted to make sure we kept a car for me incase Jen goes into labor when Eric's not home and she calls me to take her to the hospital.

Still haven't heard from Nathan. I sent him a "Remember Me" email and a text message... NOTHING.... Miss him...

I'm going to get the Christmas cards filled out for mailing. I'll mail them on December 13 probably. I enjoy doing it... it's fun....

Just doing laundry, and cleaning today. Gonna wrap one more gift for Jen...

Okay, I think thats it, I hope it is... It's taken me about an hour to write all this...

Love my husband bunches and bunches!!!!

0 comments: