Sunday, August 03, 2008

Paul's Reunion

Paul's high school reunion was last weekend. It was a three day event hmm wtf? (yea, still haven't figured that one out yet lol). Of course AF decided to make her grand appearance on Friday Pull Hair Out. My first one since I had Cooper, and I think it's just because I started the mini pill last weekend... Brick Wall Anyways....

On Friday I dropped Cooper off at Toni's (sorry Toni!) I had to fight the urge to call her as I was backing out of her drive way Snicker but I managed to not call until much later!!! This was the first time I was leaving him longer then 3 hours and with someone other then dad. I headed to the hotel in Southfield for the "Meet and Greet". I was the ONLY spouse there... literally! wtf? Rant Brick Wall Not even exaggerating. I was so upset lol. Paul seemed to enjoy himself though. We did have a good meal with some of his old buddies and had some good conversation, but I was extremely thrilled when Toni called about Cooper!!! It gave me an excuse to get the hell outta there! I told Paul he could stay, but he was worried about C as well so decided to come. C and J were setting each other off with crying. J wouldn't go to bed because C was fussing and she most likely wanted to stay up so she didn't miss anything important. Sorry Toni!!! Hug hiding behind couch Hug He slept the whole way to the hotel and most of the night, only waking once to eat.

On Saturday I trekked all the way back out to Macomb for the birth fair. I enjoyed the movie, sobbing through most of it - especially the vacuum extraction. That is how C was born and it was so traumatic for me to actually SEE it. I almost had to leave the room for a minute, but managed to compose myself. I kept asking Eileen and Sandie what they wanted me to do and they kept telling "Oh everything is done"... I did set up the kitchen stuff and help a little with sign ins and a little with the info table but that's it. hiding behind couch I saw that Sara posted she worked so hard... Sorry! I kept offering and was shot down... maybe next time will be better!

After the movie I followed Janice home (it was easier taking Hall to Mound wasn't it!?!? Snicker). I got dressed for the formal dinner at Janice's and left C there. When I left C and James were playing peacefully on the play mat. When I got to the hotel I was starving and ready for dinner... I got there around 645-7 and dinner wasn't served until after 8 wtf? Roll Eyes shake It was a very delicious dinner though. Paul won a couple of "awards" - youngest child and shortest time married (we've been married a little over 2 years). They are very nice plaques. There was a live band that was WAAAAY too loud so we sat in the lobby for most of the night chatting with the other white ppl that were there... hiding behind couch Paul went to high school in detroit. It was funny to see that the black people hung out together and the 15 (literally) white people hung out together mostly, they did mix up a little to mingle, but I guess the cliques are still the same with your older too.

At 11:15 we decided to call it a night and go pick Coop's up. Come to find out he slept the whole night for Janice!!! Dancing Carrot She said he fell asleep at 8:12 after his evening fussies and had been asleep since. He slept in the car on the way to the hotel, woke up and played for an hour and then slept for 5 hours before wanting to eat, then slept another 4 hours! Dancing Carrot

Today was a crappy day. There was a BBQ at a private park that was supposed to be catered. Well something happened with the caterer so there was no food. They decided to take up donations, run to the store and get stuff to grill. Paul gave them $20 so we could eat (we were starving). After two hours of waiting wtf? we decided to leave bolting... we never did get to eat. As we were pulling out of the park they were pulling in with the food (that still needed to be grilled)... we stopped at Subway on the way home to eat...

I am so glad to be home!!! It is wonderful. I can't wait to Sleepy in my own bed tonight!!! I am just glad this weekend is over and never want to do that again! (the reunion, not the birth fair! Snicker the birth fair was my highlight!)

0 comments: