Saturday, August 09, 2008

Sleeping is for wimps!

This is the third night in a row that Cooper will not sleep.

Thursday night he woke up crying EVERY hour until 530 a.m. and then slept until 8, woke up, ate, and slept until 11.

He hardly naps throughout the day and that was no different yesterday, even tho he lacked sleep during the night. So he doesn't have his days and nights mixed up.

Tonight he woke up every 45 minutes crying. At midnight I brought him into bed with us and he cried for almost an hour. We've tried rescue remedy and calms forte and neither did any good. He finally fell asleep around 120 and slept on my until 430 in a very uncomfortable a position... well i'm sure he was comfy, I was not however.

I am up pumping because we wasted a bottle at 1 thinking he was hungry and he refused to eat it. He did just eat 3.5 ounces though.

That's another thing, he didn't eat very much yesterday (he probably ate 25 oz.; he usually eats closer to 30). But he was fine ALL day yesterday, no unusual fussies, he took his normal 20 minute naps, etc....

I just don't know why he won't sleep at night. This is very unlike him. He started sleeping through the night at 12 weeks but that only lasted about a month before he started getting up once to eat. And now it's been two nights in a row where he just won't sleep...

The only way for any of us to get any sleep is to bring him to bed with us and let him squirm around for 20 minutes until he gets comfy... which is usually him laying horizontally across the bed with paul and I having about 3 inches each to sleep on... Pull Hair Out

I'm wondering if maybe he has heartburn/acid reflux. He looks like he's trying to burp/throw up and then he starts screaming. Which would be from something I ate. We did have mexican for dinner on Thursday, but I've eaten it before he never had any problems. (I also had my leftovers on friday night).

I just don't know....

I am so Sleepy and so Dizzy faint Pull Hair Out hmm Hammer and I know Paul is too.

0 comments: