Friday, May 02, 2008

Cloth Diapers....

We have decided to use cloth diapers! I am actually super excited about this and can't wait for the diapers to arrive in the mail.

We ordered one Bum Genius One Size diaper to try out, if we don't like it we can return it for our money back, order a differnt brand, etc, until we find a diaper we like... Once we find the cloth diaper that we like we will order a diapering system. I can't wait for the diaper to come, it should be here some time next week!! How exciting!

I'm really hoping we like the Bum Genius One Size because it is just that... One Size fits all!! It grows with the baby from 8lbs to 35 lbs!!! We won't have to buy new diapers as he grows, except maybe a few extras from wear and tear on the originals.

Why are we going to cloth diapers? Mostly to save money (with the mortgage issues). The average baby uses $2000 worth of disposable diapers, we can buy a cloth diapering system for less than $500!! That's a saving of $1500 over a course of a couple of years. So we are going to use part of our stimulus check from the government to buy cloth diapers.

Another reason we are using cloth diapers is because they are enviromentally friendly LOL. Of course this is not the main reason! But it's a good thing. Disposable diapers are filling up the land fills because they are not biodegradable.

The Bum Genius One Size diaper looks just like a disposable diaper, it's just cloth and machine washable! We would use the Gerber BirdsEye cloth diapers as inserts (to absorb pee). All cloth diapers need inserts. If the Gerber ones don't fit well into the BG One Size then we will order Bum Genius inserts... We'll see how it works out after we receive our diaper next week.

You can check out the diaper we ordered here... Bum Genius One Size

Now for a Cooper update -

We are all doing great. Cooper continues to grow and change on a daily basis. It truly is amazing to watch his transformation right before our eyes. We can't get over how stinkin cute he is!!! I am so happy we had a cute baby! LOL We got back to the doctor next Wednesday and I can't wait to see how much he weighs now. He's really getting big!! Got those cute chubby cheeks, starting to get rolls on his legs and arms!! We truly are blessed to have him in our lives, and we realize this more and more every day.

I can't believe how much our lives have changed. I'm never on time for anything anymore, but I don't mind! Yesterday we were getting ready to go to the Chiropractor, I had him all strapped into his car seat and he pooped. So I had to wait about 10 minutes to make sure he was done pooping, and while I was changing his diaper he started to pee... all over his socks!! So then I had to clean him up, change his socks, put a clean diaper on, get him dressed again, back into the car seat and off we went!! We were only 20 minutes late! Good thing they don't mind!! LOL

Cooper seems to have put himself into a nightly routeine and it's just fine with me!!! He goes to sleep between 1030 and 11 and sleep until 330/4ish. We are up for an hour at that time and then back to bed until around 730, up for another hour and then back to bed until 11!!!! I don't know what to do with all this extra energy I'm getting!! I hope he keeps this routeine... I know babies change schedules all the time, but I really hope this one stick! LOL

Anyways, we are watching LOST so I'm gonna get outta here!!! Hope everyone is doing well!!

xoxoxo
Amanda!!!

0 comments: