Monday, November 12, 2007

22 weeks 1 day... Midwife!!

Last Wednesday we met with the midwife for the first time. Paul and I both LOVED the midwife. Of course there are 4 midwives and I will rotate between them, but they all have the same philosophy. We are so excited about this.

I didn't really have time to ask all my questions because I had to meet Tom for lunch, but she answered most of them for me. Saying that they don't do episiotomies, pitocin, water breakage, etc. unless absolutely necessary. She did say that if I am at 3 cm for 7 hours and in active labor they may do pitocin (but I guess I can understand that). Oh yea, she said they don't even do IVs!!!! I was thrilled about that. They do require EFM for the first 20 minutes and then intermitten if you want (insurance reasons of course!). But I can labor in the shower or jacuzzi. Beaumont hasn't approved waterbirths yet, but they are currently trying to get them to.

It was really nice to have someone come in and speak to ME about ME. Paul and I walked out going "wow that was great". I've never had such a great doctors appointment before! It's definitly worth the drive in my opinion. Like I said, I didn't really ask many questions... she offered all the information as soon as she came in and started talking to us. It was great.

I'm going to call Beaumont for a hospital tour. And she gave us some info on birthing classes... We're thinking of maybe taking the Hypnobirthing. And of course we want to take the CPR classes available. It's been a couple years since I was certified and things change all the time, so I want to make sure we are up to date on that. Also the breastfeeding class as well.

My next appointment is on December 5th and I can't wait! lol... I'm just so excited about this! I have my glucose test next appointment. She gave me the orange stuff to drink before I get to my appointment on December 5th... Yummy! lol...

The Doula recommended some books and I am loving Gentle Birth Choices, The Thinking Womans Guide to Childbirth, and Ina Mays Guide to Childbirth. I just started Ina Mays book, but am loving the stories. Paul and I watched the Gentle Birth DVD and he started understanding more of what I am looking for.

I am feeling the baby move all the time (not so much the past couple of days though, I guess he's sleeping or resting!!). And have noticed that when I lay on my back that we can see my belly move. Paul doesn't have the patience to see it all the time, but he sees it sometimes. And says that he can't feel it from the outside yet. But I would think if you can see it move that you can feel it! But not according to him. Like I said though, he doesn't have the patience. He's like "There will be plenty of times when I feel it after it gets bigger" lol...

I am putting up some of our Christmas decorations today... It's totally time to do it. I had Paul bring all the tubs and bags up from the basement yesterday... All 4 tubs and 3 bags!!! lol.. He stood in the foyer and looking at it all shaking his head!! It was funny... I can't wait!!

Paul gets paid on Thursday and I'm going to do some major shopping. We are totally running our of everything... Lol!! It's gonna be a few hundred bucks, but we need it...

I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week... that's so crazy. I am doing the ham, mac n cheese (homemade of course), a pumpking pie, and I found a recipe for a pumpkin cake... It sounds really yummy.. So I'm gonna be busy cooking Wednesday night and Thursday morning next week.

In a little over a month we'll be driving to Arkansas.. I feel so sorry for Paul... He's going to have to be in a car with me and stop everyone hour so I can stretch or pee... And we'll have Pebbles as well. Lol... We're still trying to figure out what to do with Mister while we're gone. We want to take him over to Beths but they are worried that Bronson will eat him (or he'll eat Bronson, that's the more believable option lol) or something LOL!!! I think they'll be fine together...

I can't believe I'm half way thro the pregnancy.. Even if the baby is two weeks late I only have 20 weeks left... It's crazy... It seems like it was just yesterday we found out we're pregnant... It's great. It's been such an easy pregnancy!!!

Sex has become akward... With the belly popping out and everything. I can't seem to find a position where I don't feel like we're squashing the baby... lol...

I've been having some hips problems... They get tingly on me and go numb, but it hurts almost... It's like a dull pain though. But totally sucks... My hips are always tingly... it's so weird... lol

But I love feeling the baby move.. It's so great to feel... Amazing really!!!

Well, I wrote a lot, and can't think of anything else to write. I wanna do a load of laundry, clean the kitchen, and get atleast one tub (or bag) of decorations out before Paul gets home.

(leaving with a pretty fall color for my text!!!)

0 comments: