Friday, October 19, 2007

Ultrasound 18 wks 6 days

Soooooooo we had would anatomy ultrasound yesterday mornin!!!

We went in so excited to find out the sex of the baby and after about 10 minutes of her looking she said that we would have to buy yellow because the babies ankles were crossed and she couldn't see anything.

She went on to do some of her measurements and then looked again. She still couldnt tell, so she told me to get up, walk around, pee and come back in. So I did. And this time the baby was sitting Indian Style and she still couldn't see!!!

Not only could she not see the gender, but the baby is positioned REALLLY low!!! To the point where babies head is behind my pelvic bone and hip bone... So she had a really hard time getting hear measurments and had to press really hard ON MY BONE to get her pictures and stuff... I am so sore today from all the pressure, and it was so painful...

So then I asked her "Should I stand on my head?!?!" lol... I was joking but she answered "I'm thinking about it"... Apparently the table I was on tilted, so she tilted it back to where I was almost standing on my head!!! lol.. That didn't work so she tilted the table the other way to where I was almost standing... Still didn't work. The baby wouldnt move out of my pelvis and wouldn't open its legs either!!! :(

When she looked to see the sex for the last time it's legs were completely closed at the knees!!! :(

I told Paul "If you ever had any doubts this kids yours, they were just shattered... This kid is so stubborn like you are and it's probably in there laughing at me, just like you are now" LOL!!!

I also told him "We're gonna have problems with this one" LOL
And the lady said "Well, I'm just glad it's living at your house and not mine" lol...

Paul says "What if it's a girl, and she's really pissed because we've been calling her a boy and Cooper for a while, so she decided to just keep her legs closed!!" (again that would be Paul - vengeful) lol

So now we are having a surprise!! lol...

We are thinking about going with the Wendy Belissimo Bumble Bee collection for the nursery.

http://www.wendybellissimo.com/products/product_detail.php?id=65

It's cute and pretty neutral... I like it...

We're thinking as far as clothes go, we'll get just the necessities to last us a week or two. And after the baby is born go on one helluva shopping spree!! lol.. Plus people will give us clothes for the baby as well.

The only way I could get another ultrasound (and insurance pay for it) is if there is a medical reason - the doctor thinks something is wrong. Or we could pay $300 for another ultrasound. Not going to do that!!! What if we pay the money and the kid still doesn't open it's legs?!!? I don't think so!! lol...

So my plan is to go into my doctors office next Friday crying, begging, pleading for another ultrasound... I've heard stories of the doctor saying "Okay we'll do another now, let's go" and the doctor looking really quickly to find out the sex... Hopefully that will be my doctor!!!

I have some questions for the doctor... Right now I'm worried about the baby being so low... I really want it to move up into my tummy for me. Cause it will get really painful with it's head in my pelvis...That's bones, they dont stretch!!! lol..

So I better get off here... I think that's everything that happened yesterday!!!

Let me do ups and downs real quick...

Downs -

1.) Not finding out the sex.... Stubborn ass baby... Gets that from his daddy (maybe a lil from me, but just a lil lol)

2.) Peeing - Becuase the baby is so low and still resting on my bladder, I'm still peeing every 45 minutes!!! Totally sucks!!

Ups -

1.) Feeling the baby move - I love the way that feels!!! Amazing!

2.) Food - I get to eat all the time!! lol and it's really yummy foods too!! lol...

Okay I'm off like a prom dress!!! More later!!!

0 comments: