Monday, October 15, 2007

18 weeks 1 day

I have the "big" ultrasound on Thursday!! Paul and I are so excited about this, and I've been having talks with the baby about opening it's legs so we can get a good look at what's in there!! lol...

Today I bought my first "baby thing" (other then wipes). I went into Childrens Place and bought these adorable newborn shoes... They are soooo cute!!!

I'm soooo excited... I think we found a Doula!! We have our interview set up next Tuesday... as far as I'm concerned it's just to sign the contract... In my opinion she already has the job. We talked on the phone for about 45 minutes today and I absolutely fell in love with her!!! YAY!!! It just makes it seem real... as if the growing bell and constipation weren't proof enough... This is the first time we've (DH and I) actually talked about the birth... It's soooo neat!! And so exciting!!

I started thinking about a Doula last week and thought it would be a great idea to have someone there who can support me and Paul... I know Paul will freak out a little and he really doesn't know what to do to help me so a Doula is a great way to help him as well...

Here's some Doula facts -


~Numerous clinical studies have found that a Doula's presence at a birth:

*Tends to result in shorter labors with fewer complications
*Reduces negative feelings about one's childbirth experience
*Reduces the need for pitocin (a labor inducing drug), forceps/vacuum extraction, and cesareans
*Reduces the mothers request for pain medication and/or epidurals

~Research shows parents who receive support can:

*Feel more secure and cared for
*Are more successful in adapting to new family dynamics
*Have greater success with breastfeeding
*Have greater self-confidence
*Have less postpartum depression
*Have a lower incidence of abuse

I searched online today for over 3 hours, and made numerous phone calls trying to find a Doula. Jenny called me back about an hour after I called her. I immediately felt comfortable with her... and get this, she loves to talk just as much as I do!!! I had a hard time getting a word in edgewise... But I didn't mind... it wasn't annoying or anything... Shes very nice, personable, knowledgable, etc... So far I'm really happy with her, and all I've done is talk to her on the phone...

Right now the babies in there movin all around and kickin and stuff... It's such a neat thing...

Well, that's all I can think of for now... So I will write more when I think of it!!!

bye bye!!!

0 comments: