Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Poor Kitty :(

Our poor kitty has had a rough month....

It all started on a Sunday night when I noticed he had a sore on his belly about the size of a dime. I kinda forgot about the sore until Tuesday and then looked at it again. This time is was red, oozing, and very irritated. So first thing Wednesday morning I called the vet and they got him in that day (Sept 5th)

So the vet said it looked like a sore that he had licked and just rubbed raw. So they gave him a round of antibiotics and sent us home. That Friday the vet called to see how he was doing and I said he was still licking his sore. So they told me to bring him and they would put an E Collar on him. So I did. He had the collar on for a week. On Thursday night I took the collar off to see how he was doing (because the sore looked great) and of course he just opened it back up.

So on Friday back to the vet (Sept 21). At this point I noticed the sore almost 2 weeks ago. So the vet said that since he chewed it back open they would leave the collar on for 10 more days and do another check up (Oct 1st).

So on Oct 1st we took him back in. I thought the sore looked really good and was healing fine. The vet however disagreed and decided that they needed to cut the sore out. So Monday we left Mister at the vet and on Tuesday the 2nd the cut our his sore, nipple, and mammary gland (just to play it safe). They were originally going to just take the sore, but decided that if it was some kind of cancer it would go to the mammary gland and might as well take that too so they don't have to do another surgery if that's what it is.

Yesterday afternoon we got to pick the kitty up from the vet. I was so happy to see him and have him home. We've been keeping an eye on him to make sure he doesn't chew open his cut which is about 2.5 inches long. But so far he hasn't messed with it. They didn't put the collar on him because they don't thinkk he'll mess with it. But they gave me a collar just in case. So atleast I have something to put on him if necessary.

We're keeping an eye on him to make sure that he doesn't chew it open and so far so good. I'll take pictures and post them at another time.

Paul is on his way home... He's taking half a day today so he can work on the lawn some before they lay down the rest of the sod.

It was a nice suprise to know he was coming home early!!! Love him!!!

Poor kitty!!

Mandy







0 comments: