Friday, August 11, 2006

UGH and YAY!

It's been a while since my last entry. Not a whole lot has happened... This entry is just what is says "UGH and YAY!!"

Ugh - Yesterday was my last day at work for a while. Jessies dad got laid off so he's going to watch Aiden for a few weeks... Hopefully, he'll get tired of it and I'll be able to start back in a couple weeks. On the other hand, it gives me a few weeks to get everything packed and get the apartment cleaned from top to bottom... so this is kinda "UGH" and "OKAY"; not really a "YAY" but an "OKAY".

YAY - OMG I have VIP tickets to "Extreme Home Makeover" for tomorrow. I am taking Fay with me, and we're sooo excited about it. We're supposed to get free food and drinks, etc. I don't know if we'll get to see the house and meet some of the stars from the show... it's so exciting. I can't wait. I have to get up at like 9 in the morning tho... another UGH!! Lol... but I'll do it to get the "YAY" lol... Lombardo is the builder that is building the house on the show, and since he's the builder that is building our house we were offered VIP tickets... YAY!!

So I picked up the tickets today and Jen went with me. We go to see the house... it's really coming along. All the sinks, counters, toilets, and tubs are in. They have the hardwood floors in the kitchen and dining room in. And the floors in the foyer, laundry room, powder room, and grade door also. All the tile is in the bathrooms, it looks really nice. Everything is really dusty tho... Lol... of course. In less then three weeks we'll be moved in... YAY!!!!

Last weekend we went to church. It was my first adult experience in a Catholic church. It was very... interesting... yea, that word'll do... Lol... Paul didn't warn me at all... but like he said, he didn't know what I knew and didn't know, he thought all churches were the same... WELL THEY AREN'T!!! I didn't know about responding, and we did more standing and kneeling then sitting. There was also more singing then sermon... And the communion... whoa... I'm so glad Paul told me I couldn't go up there because when I say everyone else getting up I would have went too... Lol... that wouldn't have been good. And "Peace be with you" that threw me also... I'm glad Paul said it to me first because I didn't know what was going on and wouldn't have known what to say to people or what was going on... Ugh... I guess I'll get used to it. We were going to go to a diff church this weekend because we want to try a few before we decide which one we like the most. Oh another thing, I didn't know you werent supposed to talk... How horrible!!! We walked in and I started talking to Paul and he was ignoring me and then told me not to talk. In my church it was very social. You walked in a started talking to people... Needless to say, Catholic churches are VERY different from the southern Baptist church I grew up on... Lol...

Not much else is going on. I went to Petco and got some more cat food, put gas in the car, went to Blockbuster, and Kroger. From Blockbuster I got "Final Destination 3", "V is for Vendetta", and "Inside Man". They sounded good so we'll see...

Anyways, Paul should be home soon. Can't wait to see him... Love that man sooo much!!!

0 comments: